Oyster Lover’s Tour
Dive deep into the heart of the Tomales Bay oyster world! Enjoy exclusive, behind-the-scenes tours at oyster farms to learn about what goes into farming delicious, sustainable bivalves. Then taste beautifully prepared oysters at local eateries. Sample them raw, baked, barbecued and smoked, all while taking in the beautiful waterfront views. A shucking good time!
- Learn about local history over a cheese platter in the magical Boathouse at Nick’s Cove
- Take a tour at Hog Island Oyster Company and go behind-the-scenes to learn about oyster farming, sample their raw Sweetwaters and their famous BBQ oysters with chipotle bourbon butter
- Go behind-the-scenes at and get a professional shucking lesson
- Visit the Marshall Store and taste Tomales Bay Oyster Company’s raw oysters, smoked oysters, bacon oysters, oysters Rockefeller and more!
- Savor three types of grilled oysters and a wine pairing at Nick’s Cove
- Take in the stunning views of Tomales Bay
- Meets in Marshall, an hour north of San Francisco
- includes transportation, tours, tastings and a wine pairing
- Small groups of 4-9 guests
Available Mondays and Fridays from 1:30–5:00 pm
$195 per person, plus processing fees
“The Oyster Lover’s Tour was amazing and a must for all Bay Area people who love oysters. Elizabeth’s historic ties and knowledge of the area add greatly to this experience! It was unforgettable in every way. I’ll definitely try another tour of hers!” — Florence T.