Luscious Ricotta Cake
This incredible cake has made me famous in these parts… now everyone will know how easy it is!
I have made this cake with raspberries, pears, peaches and huckleberries – it is delicious every time!
12 oz. package of Bellwether Basket Ricotta (I have also used fresh goat cheese or fromage blanc!)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, melted
2 cups fruit (peaches, pears, berries, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Butter a springform pan (I prefer 10″, since it bakes faster. Bake longer if using a 8″ or 9″)
3. Whisk the wet ingredients
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined
5. Fold in the melted butter
6. Fold in half of the fruit and spread into pan (it will be thick!)
7. Artfully arrange the remaining fruit on the top of the batter (see photo below – I drizzled the pears with maple syrup to prevent them from drying out)
8. Bake for about hour, usually a little more. A toothpick should come out clean
9. Let cool for 15 minutes and release the springform ring
Enjoy with crème fraîche, whipped cream or ice cream!