Can special dietary restrictions be accommodated?
- We can accommodate many different dietary needs as long as we are given advanced notice (e.g. vegetarian, Gluten-Free, specific allergies, etc.). Please be sure to let us know if you (or anyone in your group) has a dietary restriction when you book your tour.
What is the typical tour group size?
- The public tours are small and intimate, ranging between 4-9 guests. Tours are subject to cancellation/rescheduling if the minimum of 4 guests is not met. Private tours and groups of up to 100+ guests can be accommodated upon special request.
Should I tip?
- Gratuities for your tour guide are not included in the ticket price, but are greatly appreciated for our hard working guides. Gratuities for the other partner stops on the tour are included in the ticket price.
Where do the tours meet?
- The public tours meet in either downtown Point Reyes Station or Marshall. Directions and meeting times will be emailed to you upon booking. Customized itineraries have varied meet-up locations.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Our tours require advanced planning and coordination with many businesses and guests, making last minute changes difficult for us and our partners. Because of this, refunds are not available, but you may reschedule a tour if necessary. If you need to cancel within 10 days of the tour, a $50 per person rescheduling fee may apply. If the minimum of 4 guests is not met, a refund will be issued if rescheduling is not possible.
Are the tours suitable for kids?
- While the content of our public tours is not geared toward children, they are welcome to come on the tours (a full price ticket would be required for children over 5). We recommend booking a private or customized experience if you have children so we can tailor the tour experience to their interests and needs. Please bring a car seat for infants or small children or plan to drive your own vehicle on the tour.
What happens if it rains?
- We run the tours rain or shine. Rainy day tours are a great adventure – West Marin is magical in the rain and we recommend you dress accordingly with rain boots, rain jackets and umbrellas.
Can I bring a dog or pet?
- While we love furry friends, the tour is not appropriate for animals due to regulations on the farms we work with, policies of restaurants and other partners, as well as to ensure all guests enjoy their experience (some people have allergies).
Join Our Community
Stay in the loop with Food & Farm Tours